Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Johnny Mac





I have to say that Johnny Mac brings the 90's funky fresh summer beat back hard. I feel like Will Smith on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air would be jammin' to this up in West Philadelphia. It just has that classic feel to it that brings on this overwhelming sense of nostalgia and carefree days.
Check out the interview to hear about his inspiration, future plans and what songs he kicks it to in his free time, as well as a few exclusive behind the scenes pics.


LT: How would you describe your sound?
JM:  My sound varies, I mean, the song I just released was a fun sound to get everybody to know my personality and all but my sound varies a lot.  Big into the summer scene and feeling good, but I also make songs addressing hardships and other feelings.

LT:Tell me about your personal style...
JM:  Well I'm kind of a goofball, love to enjoy myself really.  I just do what I want.  If I feel somethin’ I do it.  I love music and I’m a fan of sports as well, just love to have fun really.  

LT: What got you into rapping?
JM:  Well ever since I was like 12 I've always written raps in my free time ‘cuz it always puts me in another place.  Just me and the beat- nothing feels better, I love music.  Some events happened in my life that have inspired me to live a life I wanna live, so I just took it into my own hands.  

LT:  What was the inspiration for the music video/who else was in it with you?/Can you dance? It seemed like some people could....
JM:  Yeah I have a buddy named Lorenzo who can really move. Those people in the shoot were some of my close friends, really good guys, and  I've been known to dance when the mood is right… haha.

LT:  Guilty Pleasures?
JM:  Just when nobody is home, crank some Usher and embarrass myself.

LT:  If you could record with somebody else who would it be?
JM:  Thats a good question.... I think Mike Stud  is a cool dude definitely but he doesn't even know who I am.

LT: So you've graduated, what are you going to school for?
JM:  My mind is set on broadcasting, but music is now really interesting me.  If anybody going to Arizona State knows how to record music wel,l hit me up haha.  But yeah I'm just going in college with my chin up seeing what the experience is like, hopefully surrounded by people helping me to create more tracks while out west.

LT:  Top 3 tracks on your playlist now? 
JM:  Mary - 2am club, LA story - Sammy Adams ft Mike Posner, Sammy's Shadow - Mike Stud

LT:  Are you working on an EP right now? What is your next big project?
JM:  Just pumping out as many songs as I can before I go to school, videos, interviews, all that fun stuff.

LT:  Alright so between school and recording what are you doing in your free time?
JM:  Just writing, and trying to enjoy myself with my best friends before I head to school..



LT: Hey well thanks for this, it was fun talking to you. You have a seriously cool sound. Like, straight up fresh is the only way I can describe it…I love it.
JM: Haha yea thanks, no problem, it was great talking with you.

He's about to blow up, so like his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter to stay up to date.


Miles- Freshview Films
Special thanks to Miles at Freshview Films for supplying me with the behind the scenes pics. So talented, makes amazing videos check out his site for more, and his Facebook page.

Last but definitely not least, I have to give a HUGE shout out  to Lorenzo Manalo for being able to break it down like none other, simply put.


I'm so excited for the next song to come out. I'll be looking out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment