Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Just Try And Describe It


Determined not to succumb to  the phrases,"I really like this song" or "I love this album", I've been struggling for three days trying to accurately describe the implications the No World album has had in my life.

 I want to get the answers right, becasuse what could be better than having Andrew and Daniel say to me, "Lindsay, you've got it. You understand what we're saying".

But the honest to God truth is, No World is doing things to me, and for me, that maybe Andrew and Daniel didn't' intend for it to do. Whether they knew it or not, this album is incredibly sexy. Not one night stand sexy, not hit it and quit it sexy- past all that. It mirrors the kind of sexy that stems from eager selflessness and vulnerability.




Just, do me a favor, imagine this. I promise it will be over in a second but try:
You lay there with your partner in an attempt to get them to realize your love past the point of sheer exhaustion. You tried, and it's not that you came up short, it's just that exhaustion will take you. And it will take you every time. You come to the conclusion that "love" will always be bound by the limits of emotional and physical exhaustion, and there's no getting past that. The song Lifetime comes on your playlist with its intricate and simply constructed lyrics, Too much to leave alone
Too much to be unsaid
 All of the words are gone
All of the time is spent

And it gives you a glimpse of what that would actually be like, giving someone more than the essence of yourself. The guitar and deep bass fill you and make you think it's almost possible again.

Alright so that break from reality lasted a minute-
If in fact you have no idea what I'm talking about, haven't experienced this in your life, and can't even begin to imagine it- this album makes you want to. Forget lyrics like "I will always love you" or "You broke my heart". That might be the end result of your situation but No World absolutely encompasses everything in between.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really did put a lot of effort into verbalizing how this album made me feel. It was hard to do because it happens on such a deep level. It feels good to have my feelings validated and appreciated!

      Delete
    2. Your writing has so much more depth than most of the rambling that is out there and it is refreshing to read something that someone took time to think about. Please keep doing what you're doing, it is really special.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! Really, this means a lot to me. I will absolutely continue :)

      Delete